Working from home has become almost a necessity! With more people working from home, therefore spending more time at home, we are constantly being asked what are the best ways to add value and at the same time, change up existing homes. Here are a few great tips on how to remodel your home to add comfort and value!
1. A Home Office Remodel: Home offices are becoming less of a luxury and more of a necessity, with more people telecommuting. With many companies cutting costs and becoming more aware of their carbon footprints, telecommuting has become a viable solution for many in the working world. Making sure your home has comfortable, up to date, reliable space for potential teleworkers is a surefire way to increase productivity and value!
2. Renovate or Add a Family Room: With open floor plans becoming more in demand, a family room is an excellent way to make existing homes more like new construction! Remember, it's a good idea to keep in mind what homes in your area are like. People like to purchase homes that blend with other homes around them. If you go to big, it might stick out like a sore thumb! Chances are you'll find many of your neighbors are investing in family rooms as well!
3. Replace the Roof: The roof is one of the first impressions people have of a home. Make sure yours passes the test by replacing the an old roof. You can also change the character of your home by looking into architecturally styled roofing tiles.
4. Landscape Your Yard: Along the same lines of thinking as the roof, landscaping can give a great - or not so great - first impression. Backyard landscaping can transform ordinary spaces into incredible entertaining areas by including elegant water features and lush plants. Remember......consider your area's climate and do not plant anything that will not thrive in your climate. That is a sure fire way to set yourself up for failure! If you live in an area that receives temperate weather year-round, you will find that your new 'remodeled' backyard adds value and living space to your home.
5. Remodel Your Basement: Before deciding to finance an addition, look at the space you already have. If your basement is being used as the black hole for stuff without a home, think about ways to use it more efficiently. Remodeling basements can make excellent game rooms or guest suites, adding value to your home without adding space.
6. Paint, Paint, Paint: Enough said! Remember to hire a professional if you need help and keep the colors neutral if you're looking to sell. Nothing looks worse than a poorly done paint job that is neon pink!
7. Remodel Your Kitchen: Love this idea! Small changes can result in big value. Upgrading appliances, door handles and painting tired walls can add new life to your kitchen, and add value to your home. The general rule when doing a remodel is not to overdo it......unless it's the kitchen! Kitchens sell a home, and in this case, size does matter! But a kitchen remodel is a long-term investment; you'll see payback 10 years down the road. If you are a DIYer, know your limits. Sometimes doing it yourself can save money, but always bring in a professional for the big jobs!!
8. Remodel or Add a Bathroom: A bathroom remodel can often mean simply making the most of your current space, by upgrading fixtures, flooring, and lighting. Have a little more money in the budget? Adding a bathroom is a great way to increase the value of your home! Is your only bathroom upstairs and not convenient for guests? Often the area under the set of stairs is the perfect place for a powder room! It will be convenient and add instant value!
ur post here.